In our endlessly busy culture it is becoming less and less likely that we celebrate, much less recognize the rites of passage in our lives.
A Blessing Way Ceremony (which may also be known as a Women’s Circle traditionally practiced among the Navajo women) is a gathering of the most significant women in your life as you prepare for the birth of your baby, and your transition into motherhood. Surrounded by the most important women in her life, she gains a sense of power, confidence, and support that will help her gracefully enter the initiation of motherhood.
A Blessing Way can be held for any woman, whether she is a member of a specific religion, someone who follows her own spiritual path, or someone who claims no faith or spiritual practice at all. It is a ceremony that can be designed to provide a deeply meaningful and transformational experience for a mother-to-be while honoring her personal belief system.
Blessing Way is not a “baby shower”; in fact, most women choose to still have a baby shower for the whole family and friends, followed by a Blessing Way Ceremony closer to the birth for a close circle of Soul Sisters (usually 10 women or less).
What to Expect at Destiny’s prepared Blessing Way Ceremony:
- Cleansing the ritual space by smudging with sage
- Welcoming and an opening poem, song, prayer,
or passage selected by you
- Blessings from the guests by adding an item to the birth altar.
- Storytelling of positive birth stories
- Art to keep the Sister hoop connected during the birthing process(prayer flags, despacho ceremony, beaded necklace, etc)
- Henna wherever the Mother prefers
- Honoring the Mom with massage, herbal foot baths,
rubbing head, brushing hair, and more
- Crystal Blessing Circle for soon to be baby
- Yummy Food that you request
- Closing Circle with song, music, dance
$495 Price Includes:
- 30 minute consultation (Start our connection)
- Orginazion of Ceremony (email evites, organize meals,
and structure of Ceremony)
- Contact the hoop to hold space for when labor begins
- Includes Henna, Art Supplies, Crystal
- One small sweet plate homemade by Destiny
- Ceremony Decorations (alter & flowers)
Pregnancy is a once in a lifetime Ceremony for both you and the baby.
This is a remarkable gift to start your memories with.